About QuestPond: It started 15 years back with the one single goal of creating quality step-by-step IT programming-related lessons.
The main goal of QuestPond is to create Step by Step lessons on C#, ASP.NET, Design patterns, SQL, and so on. As years moved on I added other step-by-step lessons like Angular, SharePoint, MSBI, Azure and so on.
MVC core Step by Step in 4 hours.
- What is .NET core?
- Installation of .NET core SDK.
- .NET framework VS.NET Core.
- Dotnet CLI commands:- New,Restore,Build & Run
- Creating .NET core console and MVC applications
- Using visual studio to create .NET core applications
- PCL and problems around PLC
- Importance of Dotnet Standards
Lab 2: - MVC core basics (Startup.cs, Program.cs.appsettings.json & Kestrel).
- Understanding MVC architecture.
- Creating a MVC core project.
- Need of Program.cs and startup.cs file.
- Importance of appsettings.json file.
- How to read configuration data?
- Kestrel webserver and reverse proxy concept.
- Configuration and Configuration Services.
- Revising the full flow of MVC startup process.
- Define context, request andresponse?
- Explain terms request pipeline and middleware?
- In MVC core where do we configure request pipeline?
- What is the importance of "IApplicationBuilder"?
- Explain "use", "map" and "run"?
- How can you create middleware using classes?
- Differentiate between "map" and "mapwhen"?
- Create Controllers and Views
- Undestanding ActionResults in MVC.
- What is Scaffolding?
- MVC Core namspaces.
- Layout, Routing and Razor pages.
- Explain the concept of routing?
- What is the benefit of creating user friendly URL's?
- How does default routing work?
- How to implement traditional routes?
- How to implement attribute based routing?
- When should we use conventional routes VS attribute based?
- Which gets first precedence attribute based or conventional based?
- Explain route constraints?
- Define route constraint which will takeonly numericvalues?
- How to create a Model?
- What is a strongly typed view?
- Explain the concept of model binder?
- What does "Request.Form" do?
- Does strongly typed view mean that view and model are coupled?
- What is IOC and DI conceptually?
- In Which file do we define MVC CORE DI objects?
- Differentiate between Transient, Scoped, Singleton and Factory.
- What is the syntax of DI in MVC core?
- What is the use of ContextAccessor andhow do we get it?
- What is kestrel
- Why do we need IIS or Apache when we have kestrel?
- Explain reverse proxy architecture?
- What is .NET Core windows hosting bundle?
- What settings will you apply for IIS application pool?
- How to run MVC Core using apache server?
Do visit to enroll all courses - https://www.questpond.com/learn-mvc-5---mvc-core-step-by-step/cid19
PreviewLab 1:- .NET core and .NET Standards. (26:07)
StartLab 2: - MVC core basics(Startup.cs, Program.cs.appsettings.json & Kestrel). (26:13)
StartLab 3: -Request Pipelines and Middleware. (29:54)
StartLab 4:-Implementing basic Model,View and Controller. (33:03)
StartLab 5 :- Routing,Conventional,Attribute and Route Constraint (28:45)
StartLab 6:- Creating Models & strongly typed views. (18:34)
StartLab 7 :- DI (Transient , Scoped , Singleton and Factory) (33:19)
StartLab 8 :- Hosting MVC Core Application on IIS & Apache. (19:31)